The Cherry Tomatoes is a tomato variety cultivated only in Italy. It has a round shape. The cherry tomatoes having a thick skin, which acts as a wrapper for a compact pulp, can be canned for a long time . They are traditionally picked in clusters and hanged off the balconies, taking for this reason the name of “ciliegino”. The soils in which this variety grows, are the result of lava millennia stratification and are difficult to reach because they are at an high altitude. For this reason they are also called “mountain production”.
Why chose the Cherry Tomatoes?
• High consistency of the skin
• High sugars and minerals concentration
• Fruit small size exalting its flavor
• Suitability for a long and natural conservation
• Integrated production which guarantees a lower environmental impact.