Originated during the 1600 BC, the first signs of truffle were found in the diets of Sumerians. It used to be mixed with vegetables like barley, chickpeas and lentils to make something new. Very soon its importance was realized and from there the “truffle hunting” sport was invented. Since then, truffles have made their way in the culinary world and impressed everyone with their amazing properties.
The history of gourmet food states that truffles were measured in gold! However, you can certainly get it at an affordable rate by ordering truffles for sale from online stores. Borgo de’ Medici, Urbani, Scotti and Pagani are some of the most popular brands offering high-quality truffle products at every local bazaar of Italy to let you prepare yummy dishes easily at home.
Contribution of Truffles in the Italian Cuisine
Around 9 species of truffles grow in Italy. They surely add a wonderful twist to the beloved delicacies from Bella Italia like pasta, pizza, risotto and more. It can enhance the flavours and give them a pleasant aroma. There are several truffle infused products like black truffle puree, white truffle oil, truffle cream sauce that make the dishes more savoury. Cooking with truffle oil will help to add a touch of earthy goodness to the delicacies.
Recipe of Tagliatelle with Black Truffle Cream Sauce
- 1 oz. black truffle
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 oz. diced mushrooms
- Minced cloves of garlic
- 1 lb. dry and fresh tagliatelle
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- A cup of grated parmesan cheese
- White wine (dry, 1 cup)
Steps to Prepare-
- For the sauce, separate one-third of the truffle, mince it and stir it into the heavy cream for a couple of minutes. Let it chill for about 5-6 hours in the freezer.
- In a sauté or skillet pan, melt the butter at medium heat.
- Toss the mushrooms in it with minced garlic for 6 minutes until they turn golden.
- Add the wine to it and cook for another 5 minutes. If you want to use additional herbs, now would be the perfect time.
- Pour in the already-prepared black truffle sauce and let it simmer in low to medium heat for 10 minutes. Set it aside after the constituency starts getting thicker.
- Boil the fresh dry tagliatelle for 5-7 minutes until it gets chewy and soft.
- After that, drain the pasta and add it to the skillet.
Mix it well and add the grated parmesan cheese on top while serving. Season it finely with salt and pepper.
Recipe of Polenta with Black Truffle Puree and Sautéed Veggies
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- Coarse salt
- One and a half cups of cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons of black truffle puree
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Assorted vegetables
Steps to Prepare-
- In a stirring pan, add the milk and salt together and turn up the heat until it starts simmering.
- In a different sauté pan, add the cut-up vegetables with olive oil and keep tossing them for 10-15 minutes in medium heat. Wait till they turn light brown.
- It is time to sift the cornmeal in the stirring pan slowly with a whisk.
- If, by now, the cornmeal seems to be mixed properly with the milk, turn the heat to low and cover it. Simmer it for about half an hour until it gets thicker and pulls apart from the sides.
- Finally, add the unsalted butter to the polenta and blend it well.
- Save some in a separate cup to mix the puree.
- Swirl in the mixture into the polenta mixture and top it with the cooked veggies.
Season it well with finely ground black pepper and serve in a large bowl.
What is the Best Place to Buy Truffle Products?
We, at Italian Food Online Store, have got the best products of truffles for sale like Truffle Mustard, Black Truffle Sauce and Whole Summer Truffles by Urbani, Risotto rice with black truffle by Borgo de Medici, Carnaroli Rice with Truffle by Fior Di Maiella and Honey & Truffle Dressing, Parmigiano Reggiano & Truffle cream by Savini Tartufi. All the items are authentic and imported directly from the supermarkets of Italy. We are also happy to inform you that the Italian Food Online Store provides free shipping services all across the United States. Enjoy a wide range of luxurious flavours with our branded truffle products and infuse a delightful essence in your Italian dish every time!