Bella Italia is not just about beautiful landscapes, fine cheese and wine. It has got so much more to offer. The cuisine is a multiversity of baked items. Starting from cookies to pizza- it has truly mastered the art of baking. Every holiday and special occasion are incomplete without an Italian dessert. What’s more important is diversity! Every region of Italy has its specialty of baked dessert. Shop for delightful cookies and cakes from Italian bakery online and end your fancy dinner on a sweet note.
Speaking of Italian bakery desserts, the names like Campiello, Mulino Bianco, Pavesi, Molino Rossetto and La Bottega della Torta have to come up. These are world-famous brands that deal with authentic Italian bakery cookies, cakes and other such sweet delicacies. What started as baking cakes with simple ingredients like cheese, flour and honey has transformed into something so versatile and beautiful today!
Journey of Popular Italian Bakery Desserts
It must be stated here that Italian bakery desserts can be broadly categorized into two groups – the ones which have an ancient origin (mostly derived from bread) and the ones with the sweet essence of sugar i.e., when sugar became easily available in Italy. However, there are exceptions like Torrone which is a sugary Italian dessert but dates back to the Roman times when it was served during religious ceremonies.
Biscuits or Biscotti di Prato had its origin in Tuscany, Italy that was consumed by the Italian soldiers initially. Soon enough after that, a wide range of biscuits started emerging such as Ricciarelli, Calcionetti, Morseletti and so on.
The Italian pastry of which the whole world is such a big fan would not have come to the surface if it weren’t for the monks and nuns. It originated in 17th century Naples in the hands of the orphans who wanted to sustain their livelihood by serving the religious figures. Today there are a number of Italian pastries such as Tiramisu, Sfogliatelle, Canoli, Zabaglione and many more.
- When the first confectionary factories were established in the first half of the 19th century, the scene of Italian baked food had a complete transformation. There was scope for mass production of items and also equipment for getting innovative. Famous Italian bakery cookies were discovered in the mid-half of the 19th century in Florence. At present, there are a variety of them from different regions- each serving its special purpose for holidays like Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving.
The long historical journey of Italian bakery products has been in favour of creating more decadent, refined and flavourful desserts for the whole world to fancy them. In recent times, you can buy Italian biscotti cookies, pastries, cakes and other sweet bakery items from an online Italian bakery. If you want to test your baking skills at home, start by trying an easy yet yummy Italian dessert with simple ingredients bought from the local bazar.
How to Make Panna Cotta - Traditional Italian Thanksgiving Dessert
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon of unflavoured gelatin
Steps to Prepare:
- Take a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin in cold water. Let it sit for about 2 minutes until it softens.
- After that, pour it in a saucepan and heat for a couple of minutes until it dissolves. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- In a different saucepan, mix the heavy cream, half and half and sugar to boil it over moderate to high heat. Keep on stirring in between.
- When it becomes thick, remove it from heat and pour the gelatin mixture with vanilla extract.
- Take it in a bowl and refrigerate for about 4 hours. You can also divide it into servings and then chill.
Serve it with some fruity syrup ladled on top. You can also try substituting heavy cream with ricotta cheese. Buy the ingredients from Italian bakery online and get ready to end the savoury Thanksgiving dinner on a rather ‘sweet’ note.
What is the Best Place to Buy Italian Bakery Products Online?
If you want to enjoy authentic Italian baked items, Italian Food Online Store is the ultimate destination. We have it all- from bakery Italian cookies and cream puff pastry to red velvet cake mix and lady fingers. Browse through our best selling products such as Wafers w/ Tiramisu Cream Filling "Quadratini", Wafers w/ Chocolate Cream Filling "Quadratini" by Loacker, Grisbì Hazelnut Cream filled Cookies , Puff Pastry Millefoglie Assorted Pastries by Vicenzi, Baiocchi Cookies w/ Hazelnut and Cocoa Cream by Mulino Bianco and Ringo Cacao Cookies with Chocolate Cream by Pavesi.
The variety of authentic products directly imported from the supermarkets in Italy is not the only reason that we are the best Italian bakery online. We also offer free shipping services on orders above $69 all across the US! Place an order by adding your favourite items to cart and pay at checkout via credit card transactions or PayPal.