Creamy and delicious, there is something inherently comforting about Italian fresh mozzarella cheese. This beloved milky by-product melts like a dream and cures all your cheese cravings. You can toss it into salads, stir into pasta, stuff into sandwiches, and much more.
Italy draws foodies from all around the world. With its rich cuisine, the gorgeous Mediterranean land offers a multitude of traditional dishes that are cherished for their authentic origins. Many of these foods include fresh mozzarella as an ingredient, which was first made in Naples using rich buffalo milk.
Mozzarella and Italy: History
As per an Italian legend, the first batch of milky fresh cheese was a result of an accident where cheese curds fell into hot water. It happened in a cheese factory near Naples. Soon thereafter, Italy made its first pizza. In the food world, new cheeses are created when mistakes happen, so there may be truth in the tale.
As there was no refrigeration earlier, cheese had a short shelf-life. Soon after the discovery, mozzarella cheese left the southern Italian region and spread to other parts of the country. As technology developed, many cheese producers started offering cheese to people outside Italy. Also, they can buy fresh mozzarella online to receive it at their doorstep and cook some delicious Italian dishes at home.
Fresh Mozzarella-Packed Recipes
Shredded, sliced, or whole, mozzarella cheese can be used as a happy addition for a fresh take on classic Italian dishes.
Want to freshen up your mood quickly with a delicious, classic treat from Italy? Here’s a recipe direct from the gorgeous country with a long Mediterranean coastline. Featuring sweet balls of cantaloupe as the main ingredient, the bootylicious salad is perfect for all occasions.
(Note: Make sure you buy fresh mozzarella online)
- Cantaloupe (1)
- Prosciutto (10 slices)
- Basil leaves (¼ cup)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Mint leaves (¼ cup)
- Honey (1 ½ tablespoons)
- Balsamic vinegar (1tablespoon)
- Black pepper and kosher salt
- Parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- Begin the process with a large melon baller for melon flesh. Take a large bowl and add melon fresh to it.
- Make mozzarella balls and add them to the bowl before putting the torn prosciutto. After that, sprinkle basil and mint leaves on the mix.
- Take a small bowl and whisk the extra-virgin olive oil with balsamic vinegar and honey. Now, season it with black pepper and kosher salt. Also, season the mixture with some additional herbs.
Your salad is ready to be served.
Love chicken? You are not going to get a more succulent dish than this recipe. Stuffed with wonderful ingredients, the delicious dish makes a perfect food to enjoy with family and friends. Instead of reaching an Italian restaurant to taste the dish, try making it at your home.
- Olive bread (8 ounces)
- Apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil (1/3 cup, 2 tablespoons)
- Rotisserie chicken (2 cups)
- Baby arugula (5 ounces)
- Black pepper, kosher salt
- Roasted red peppers
- The process of how to make Chicken and Olive Bread Panzanella begins with heating your oven. Heat it to 350° F.
- Now, spread a rimmed baking sheet and toss the bread onto it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake it for around 15 minutes, until it’s crispy.
- Take a large bowl and add the remaining olive oil, vinegar, pepper, and salt to it. Now, whisk the mixture.
- Add chicken, arugula, mozzarella, red peppers, and bread to the mix.
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, and your dish is ready to be served.
How to Buy Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Online and Other Ingredients
When it comes to classic Italian dishes, ingredients play an important role. They need to be fresh products that help justify a traditional recipe and your efforts.
Although you can get many of them at a supermarket in your neighborhood, buy fresh mozzarella cheese online from a reliable store to get a quality product from Italy. Purchase the best products at the Italian Food Online Store and prepare tasty dishes at home. Happy Cooking!