Italian olive oil is one of the greatest kinds of oil to use in several dishes. Since it is well known, there’s a lot of fake italian olive oil to look out in the market. However, before knowing what to check before buying one, here are some of the benefits this type of oil can give you.
Benefits of Italian Olive Oil
Italian olive oil offers a lot of benefits. Some of them are:
- A good source of antioxidants
- Prevents heart disease
- Reduced inflammation
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower risk of stroke
Now that you already know how beneficial it is to our health, it is imperative that you get to know how you can find the right Italian cooking oil to use in your dishes. We can use this type of cooking oil in different recipes. Here are some of the ways where you can use it:
- sauces -- especially for your san marzano canned tomato recipes
- salad dressing
- condiments drizzled over dishes
Some people often cannot distinguish between Spanish olive oil and an Italian cooking oil. That’s actually pretty easy. A Spanish olive oil has a nutty and fruity flavor while an Italian produces an herbal aroma and a grassy flavor.
However, how do you really find an original and pure Italian olive oil? Here some tips to find pure Italian olive oil and to get rid of fake ones.
- You can tell if it’s fake when it has a ferment swampy smell. That’s one of the greatest signs that the cooking oil is fake.
- The aroma and flavor is also a bit different. A fake Italian olive oil has a vinegar-ish scent. On the other hand, an original, as what is mentioned above, has an herbal and grassy aroma.
- Always check the label when you buy Italian olive oil products. Look for the best before date because the said cooking oil is best consumed within two years from the harvest date. This is what most consumers do when they buy Italian olive oil products.
- The quality seal of the product must also be present when buying it in the market to assure that it has passed the highest standard quality. Also, by checking this, you can make sure that the government has checked it for possible harmful contents.
- Make sure you buy a container that is not only presentable but is also in good quality. It is crucial that it is bottled safe and not exposed to heat to ensure the quality of the product.
If you can’t find an Italian olive oil in the market near you, you can also use extra virgin olive oil since it is also comparable to Italian olive oil when it comes to quality -- since they both contain the highest grade of oil. You can buy some Italian extra virgin olive oil online.
Instead of having problems on where to buy olive oil, here are some of the benefits of extra virgin oil:
- It is fairly nutritious.
- It reduces inflammation.
- It protects against heart disease
- It lowers blood pressure.
By noting what is mentioned above, it is safe to say that extra virgin olive oil can be a perfect substitute to an Italian olive oil when the latter isn’t available near you. Now there’s another option available when you need a cooking oil that promotes health.