Enjoyed by ancient Egyptians, Romans and Greeks, pizza used to be a simple combination of flatbread with toppings that was seasoned with herbs and oil. It somehow resembled the modern-day Focaccia. However, Italy’s city of Naples is considered to be the original home of pizza. It was sold by street vendors initially. The gradual transformation of the dish has given birth to the rich, complex and sweet flavours that seem to be simply intoxicating to people. The best pizzas are made from stretchy well-kneaded doughs. You can buy Italian flour online to give it a try on the weekend.
Italian flour by Molino Grassi is a refined mixture made from the ancient varieties of wheat and helps you to maintain the consistency of the dough. You can also prepare traditional Italian bread and desserts with this flour. Mention may also be made of Polselli that offers some of the finest Italian pizza flour.
What Makes Pizza Flour Different and Special?
The normal all-purpose flour is a big “no-no” to prepare the pizza dough. The desired constituency and texture can only be achieved by using the best quality Italian flour for pasta and pizza. By nature, pizza flour is finely ground and feels almost like cornstarch. Properly milled pizza flour has the best reaction to yeast. The volume rises by two times while the dough becomes even softer and stretchy. Note that the protein content in pizza flour is more than all-purpose flour for regular use. A chewy and springy pizza crust that forms a crispy outer layer after baking can only be obtained by using authentic pizza flour from Bella Italia. Order flour online and get ready to prepare a delicious pizza at home.
Soft Pizza Dough Recipe with Italian Flour
- 3 cups of Italian flour for pasta and pizza
- 320 ml of lukewarm water
- 1/4 teaspoon of yeast (You can use both active or instant, depending on the time you have)
- 3/4 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Steps to Prepare:
- Pour the warm water into a bowl and mix it with yeast and granulated sugar. Cover it and set it aside for a couple of minutes.
- Add Italian flour, olive oil and salt to the bowl and make the dough. Sprinkle cornmeal or flour onto a flat surface and knead the dough with your hands by keeping it on top of it. Knead it till the surface becomes smooth, soft and bouncy. That’s when you will figure out it is ready to rise.
- Brush all sides of your bowl with non-stick spray or olive oil and place the dough inside. Cover the top with aluminium foil or plastic wrap and set it aside for a couple of hours. Make sure you keep the bowl at a fairly warm temperature to get the best results. You can also place the bowl inside a preheated oven and close the door to let it trap the air as it rises.
- It is time to shape the dough! After the volume of the dough has increased to maximum, punch it down to release the trapped air bubbles.
- Place it on a floured surface and use your hands or a rolling pin to give it a disc-like flat structure. You can also pinch the edges up to place it perfectly in the baker’s pan.
- Keep the dough covered for a few minutes as you make arrangements for the toppings.
Buy Italian flour from the supermarket or order flour online to get started!
Where to Buy Authentic Pizza Flour Online?
Searching for the best quality Italian flour for sale online? Your one-stop solution is the Italian Food Online Store. We have got authentic and imported pizza flours from the best brands like Polselli, Caputo, and Molino Grassi. Check out the Italian 00 flour which is preferred by expert chefs for pizza crust. The soft wheat flour by Molino Grassi is ideal for pasta, pizza crusts and Focaccia bread. The classic flour blend of Polselli used to make the traditional Neapolitan pizza also deserves special mention.Make wholesome Italian dishes from scratch with branded Italian flour for pasta, pizza and sweets. Italian Food Online Store offers high-quality flour for sale online for you to get the best products at the best prices. Shop for the Best Flour For Making Pizza Dough and add the items to the cart. While checking out, provide your contact details and shipping address correctly. We provide free delivery within the United States. Make online payments through secured methods like credit card transactions or digital wallets, and wait for the magic to begin in your kitchen!