Are you a lover of all things sweet? If yes, then Italian Cookies are a must-try. You can always order Italian cookies online, but there is a certain gratification that comes with baking your own cookies. The best part is, Italian biscuits cookies are very easy to bake, requiring persistence and practice above all else. And when is a better time to try your hand at these delectable cookies than at Christmas, a time of joy and togetherness? This Christmas, bake these quick and simple Italian Christmas cookies and delight your family and friends with these bakery-style lip-smacking cookies.
For the cookies
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3½ cup flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
For the icing
- 2 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 tsp. water
STEPS TO PREPARE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degree Celsius. Prepare your cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, sift together, flour and baking powder and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Add in the vanilla and the flour mixture.
- Knead until the dough is firm but not sticky. Sprinkle more flour onto the dough if necessary.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Cut off a small amount of dough and roll it on floured surface into 6 inch strips.
- Twirl it into shape and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Keep in mind that the bottom of the Italian biscuits cookies should be lightly browned but the tops should remain light.
- Remove cookies to wire rack and cool completely before glazing.
- For the icing, combine the icing ingredients in a bowl until just smooth. You want it to be more thick than thin, but still runny.
- Dip the tops of the cooled cookies into the glaze, and then return to the wire rack, allowing the glaze to drip down the sides of the cookie.
- Top with sprinkles while the glaze is still wet.
- Your Italian Christmas Cookies are ready!
Don’t stress out if you don’t want to add baking these cookies to your already overflowing list of Christmas chores you need to finish. You can always order Italian cookies online and enjoy authentic Italian cookies at home.
At Italian food online store, you will be amazed to see the variety of delicious cookies that we offer. We also offer the best options of cookies for gifting to your loved ones.
So this Christmas, gift your friends and family something sweet and savory from our delectable range of Italian cookies. If you want, you can simply order them for yourself and treat yourself to these charming little cookies baked with love to perfection.
You don’t have to stop at just these traditional Italian Christmas cookies. If you loved the Christmas cookies, then there are a lot of other mouth-watering recipes for you to try, each one better and more savoury than the last. Check out our blog for more interesting Christmas recipes!