There aren’t many dinners I look forward to more than a delicious, home cooked hamburger. There are few dishes more versatile and with more unique variations. Though this is considered an American staple, the whole world has contributed to the development of the culinary history of hamburgers! Today’s recipe isn’t for your traditional burger. Instead, this recipe uses are soft boiled egg in the middle to add texture, protein, and tons of flavor to your burger. When it comes to the toppings and the buns, I recommend getting as creative as possible with it! Give this recipe a try next time you’re in the mood for a hearty, yet creative American meal with a European twist!
What You’ll Need
- Hamburger buns of your choosing
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese or another cheese of your choosing
- ½ red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few leaves of lettuce
What You’ll Do
- Peel, wash, and thinly slice your onion
- Heat a pan and add your slices of bacon
- Make sure that each slice is touching the pan. This may mean cooking them a few at a time
- When crisp and golden remove from heat
- Separate your egg yolks and egg whites, throwing out one of the yolks
- Whisk your five egg whites with an electric mixer
- Once the egg whites firm up, add a pinch of salt to them
- Continue beating until completely foamy
- Lay a ‘coppapasta’ in the same pan you used to cook bacon. It should be around five inches in diameter or so.
- Pour in a spoonful of egg whites.
- Next, add a yolk to the circle.
- Cover with a large tablespoon of egg white and cook on medium high heat
- Cook for two minutes before flipping it by using a spatula and cooking again for two minutes
- Place your buns in a pan and place them both facing down. Allow them to crispen and brown
- Flip your bread and place your cheddar slices on the face of the bun. Leave it in the pan for several minutes until the cheese melts
- Remove your bread from the heat and dress it with lettuce, tomato, and onion according to preference
- Using a spatula, move your egg to the burger and layer with bacon completely
- Add any condiments that you prefer on your burgers and serve hot!