The most prominent historical record of Italian rice has been found from the time of the Crusades. At present, Italy is the leading rice-producing country in Europe. There are different varieties of Italian rice such as Arborio, Carnaroli, Vialone Nano, Marateli and so on that have found their way in Italian cuisine. The culinary world has seen a wide range of sumptuous Italian dishes that have rice as a staple. The most popular Italian rice dish is Risotto. Buy rice online at great prices and using a variety of easily available ingredients, try these simple recipes at home.
Recipe 1: Carnaroli Rice Risotto in Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups of Carnaroli risotto rice
- 4 cups of unseasoned chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of whipped heavy cream (refrigerated)
- 1/2 cup of minced onion
- 1 cup of white wine
- 8 cubes of unsalted butter (cold)
- 2 oz. of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of Canola oil
2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
Steps to Prepare
- Simmer the chicken broth in a covered pot to prevent evaporation.
- In a mildly heated pan, add the Canola oil, minced onion and 2 tablespoons of salt to stir it in medium-low heat. Do not let the onions go brown.
- After the onions have gone soft, add the rice and keep stirring for some time.
- Add the white wine and let the rice absorb it fully. Keep on stirring.
- Now it is time to pour the chicken stock over the rice. Do it gradually with a ladle. Make sure the rice absorbs it fully.
- Add the butter and beat the rice with it until it emulsifies.
- Stir it with the whipped cream in low heat for a couple of minutes and set aside.
Garnish the Carnaroli Rice Risotto dish with grated Parmesan cheese and serve it hot to the guests. You can buy Risotto rice online to prepare this special treat at home in no time.
Recipe 2: Creamy Shrimp Risotto
- 1 1/2 cup of Arborio rice
- 1 lb. cut-up shrimp
- 6 oz. mascarpone
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2/3 cup of white wine
- 2 large peeled onions (cut-up into halves)
- Garlic, cloves
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
Steps to Prepare
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of Olive oil and add the cut-up shrimps to cook for about 5 minutes. (medium heat)
- After that, add the tomato paste and keep stirring until it forms a dark brown colour.
- Pour 1/3 cup of white wine and let it simmer for about 3 minutes until it evaporates completely.
- Add the cut-up onions to the paste along with a pinch of Kosher salt and water and boil it in medium-high heat.
- Simmer it for about an hour after boiling until the stock is reduced. You will experience a strong and flavourful aroma by now.
- Time to separate the stock- strain the broth through a fine mesh to separate the solids. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Cook the rice in a different saucepan with 2 tbsp of Olive oil in high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the separated broth on it with a ladle gradually until it soaks up every bit. Simmer it for a bit with the butter and the solids before turning down the heat.
Season it with black pepper and a dollop of mascarpone. Squeeze lemon on top and serve. Buy Risotto rice from online food stores to make this delicacy for your next party.
Recipe 3: Mushroom Risotto
- A cup of freshly diced mushrooms
- One quarter mushroom stock
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup Carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Grated Parmesan Cheese’
- 1 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
Steps to Prepare
- In a saucepan, heat the mushroom stock and keep it covered while simmering.
- Toss the sliced mushrooms with butter in another sauté pan until they’re soft and set it aside.
- Add the chopped onion with one tablespoon of butter and stir it in the sauté pan for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and wine and keep stirring in medium-low heat. Make sure it doesn’t turn brown. Wait until it fully soaks up the liquid.
- With a ladle, start pouring the heated stock in the rice and keep on stirring while the heat is turned on.
- At this point, it has formed a creamy constituency. Now, add the sautéed mushrooms, chopped parsley and stir it with the remaining butter.
Your Risotto rice will be done after simmering for about 10 minutes.
Season it with grated Parmesan cheese and savour this piping hot rich Italian delicacy. Buy rice online along with other special ingredients to make something new every day.
Browse through different types of Risotto rice online and buy Risotto rice at great prices from the Italian Food Store. Find out more about Carnaroli Rice, and try our amazing recipes today for quick yet tummy-filling rice meals. Also, check out the full range of authentic Italian rice available on Italian Food Online Store. We deliver worldwide. Shop now!