Italian desserts date back to ancient times when cake was just breaded sweets. It was after sugar became readily available to the common people that Italian desserts had its stride.
Earlier they used to be the symbol of royalty because only the wealthy could afford them. In fact, after World War II, baking mix was produced out of a surplus of molasses in Pittsburgh that made everything even easier.
It consisted of the basic cake mix ingredients like eggs, sugar, flour etc. After that, the world of ‘sweetness’ in Bella Italia went through massive transformations to create a number of delectable items that have become an intrinsic part of the country’s culture.
Today, there are many Italian brands that sell the finest boxed cake mix so that people can prepare their favourite classic Italian desserts at home easily. Bauli, Molino Rossetto, La Bottega della Torta and Paulani are a few notable names that deserve special mention here. Their all-purpose baking mix are made from high-quality cake mix ingredients that will help you make authentic Italian bakery style desserts.
3 Classic and Creamy Italian Cakes with Baking Mix
Now you don’t need to go an extra mile to bake wholesome and creamy Italian desserts at home. With branded boxed cake mix, everything is possible now!
Italian Tiramisu Cake: This bittersweet coffee flavoured Tiramisu is traditionally made from ladyfingers, mascarpone cheese and heavy cream. Over the years, this Italian dessert has been adapted into various new cakes and pastries that are enjoyed wholeheartedly during Holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Italian Crème Cake: Like the Tiramisu, there are several versions of this dessert also. The two key ingredients are buttermilk and cream cheese that can be made from scratch. It is more of an American-Italian fusion that calls for celebrations like birthdays, weddings and so on.
- Italian Rum Cake: This alcohol-infused delicious Italian cake is traditionally baked into the shape of a ring which is flakey and airy. However, there are certain creamier versions of this item baked into layers of frosting and cake. If you get a little experimental and want a little something of everything, chocolate ganache on the top is also a great idea.
For upcoming gatherings and festivals, try the best baking recipes 2020 at home. Buy baking mix online or get the cake mix ingredients from the local bazar to treat your special guests with these yummy Italian cakes.
How to Make Traditional Italian Love Cake from Cake Mix?
This fragrant and sweet dessert has a nutty and crunchy outer layer with a chewy and moist interior. Check out the super easy recipe using baking mix:
- 1 packet of chocolate or vanilla cake mix (consisting of oil, eggs and water)
- Ricotta cheese
- Cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of cold milk
- Instant pudding mix
- 3/4 cup of sugar
Steps to Prepare
- Before anything, keep your oven preheated at 350 degrees F.
- Take a large bowl and take the cake mix along with eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk it well.
- Set it aside and start working on the frosting. Beat the cream cheese until it forms stiff peaks.
- Take a greased baking pan and pour the constituent in it in separate layers. Spread it out evenly and bake for 1 hour.
- After that, let it cool for a few moments and work on the frosting.
- Take the instant pudding mix and whisk it with some ricotta cheese. You can also use any leftover cream cheese. Freeze it over a couple of hours and spread the frosting over the cake evenly.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours before serving.
You can also include a few nuts like cashew and almonds into the batter to give it a classic Italian twist.
Where to Buy the Best Quality All Purpose Baking Mix Online?
If you are searching for the best baking mixes online, Italian Food Online Store is nothing less than a “baker’s paradise”. It has all sorts of products you need to prepare sweet and savoury Italian delights. Starting from healthy options like gluten free baking mixes to Mix for Apple pie, Mix for Red Velvet cake, Plum Cake Mix, Mix for Whole Cake with Sugarcane and Mix for Muffin by Molino Rossetto- we have it all at the best prices.
Apart from cake mix ingredients, we also have Berries Cake with Wholemeal Spelt Flour and Brown Sugar, Chocolate Cake by La Bottega della Torta and Classic Pandoro Oven Baked Cake by Bauli.
All the products are directly imported from the supermarkets of Italy so that you get nothing but the authentic flavour. Place your order and provide shipping details while checking out. We accept PayPal and credit card payments. Enjoy the deliciousness of Italian desserts at home!