Dated back to hundreds of years ago, Italian vinegar has its origin in the exotic regions of Modena and Reggio. Authentic Italian balsamic vinegar is produced from the fine reduction of Lambrusco and Trebbiano grapes. Since it had a reputation of curing everything, the Emperor of Franconia received it as a gift in the Middle Ages, which incidentally was its first historical reference.
Having its origin in the word “balm”, it gets its name from Aceto Balsamico which means “healing powers”. The term “balsamic” is nothing but the Italian name for vinegar itself. Italian Balsamic vinegar finds a major role to play in Italian delicacies. It is added to various sauces to enhance the flavour, used as a salad dressing, marinating fish and meat, and also savoured with spoon desserts. You can get Italian vinegar on sale from Vinegar Online Stores.
Different Types of Vinegar and Their Incredible Uses
1) Distilled White Vinegar- It is the most common type of kitchen vinegar that has been prepared from pure ethanol. As a result of this, it has a sharp flavour. It is known for –
An excellent all-purpose cleaning agent which, if mixed with baking soda has the capability of removing grease.
A flavour enhancer in salad dressings, ketchup and pickles.
- A fabric softener.
2) White Wine Vinegar- Made from fermented white wine, it has a milder taste and is less acidic in nature. It is used in-
- Salad dressings and marinades to give rise to a tangy flavour in the dish.
Hollandaise sauce and creamy salads.
- Pickling brine.
3) Champagne Vinegar- It has a fairly stronger flavour than the white wine vinegar and has the lightest constituency of all the types. You can use champagne vinegar-
- For braising pork, chicken and other meat dishes.
- As a dressing for lighter food items like salads or appetizers.
- As a flavour enhancer for different sauce recipes.
4) Balsamic Vinegar- Having a thicker and darker constituency, this is one of the most common types of vinegar that is made from crushing whole grapes. It is used for -
- Marinating chicken, fish, and as a salad dressing.
- Getting better skin because of its antimicrobial components and antioxidants.
- Losing weight and lowering cholesterol which also promotes healthy digestion
- It can improve insulin sensitivity.
- It is extensively used as salad dressings, marinades, and glazing food.
- Used for preparing delicious homemade sauces and giving them a thick texture.
These are just some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar. It is one of the most popularly used ones as well. Shop for Apple Cider Vinegar available in online food stores at great prices.
6) Sherry Vinegar- A traditional Spanish wine, Sherry, this type of vinegar has a strong caramel flavour. It is used -
- To glaze and marinade meaty treats.
- To accent the flavour of soups and sauces.
- To balance the sweetness and add a tarty flavour to desserts like ice-creams and strawberries. Shop for Sherry vinegar on sale from online stores and get experimental with your signature delicacies.
- As a salad dressing as well as a marinade.
- In slow cooker recipes to enhance the flavour.
- Improves your heart health and aids the process of weight loss.
8) Rice Vinegar- Featuring a sweet and delicate flavour, rice vinegar is less acidic in nature and is produced from fermenting rice wine. You can use it-
- In stir-fry Asian sauces such as soy sauce and eel sauce to add a distinct flavour to the dish.
- As a fruit salad dressing to give a nice aftertaste.
- As a non-abrasive cleansing agent.
- As a topping on baked or oily fried dishes.
- As a great salad dressing (just a tablespoon).
- To treat wounds better so that they heal faster.
- Middle Eastern cuisines as a flavour enhancer.
- Salad dressings to create a sweet aftertaste.
- Glazing dishes as a substitute for the traditional Balsamic vinegar.